The UK’s Scientific Research and Innovation fund in Egypt, Newton Mosharafa Fund, in partnership with the UK’s Royal Academy of Engineering and Egypt’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Funding Authority, is delighted to announce an opportunity for innovation driven researchers to participate in the “Leaders in Innovation Fellowships Programme”. The programme specifically targets researchers keen to gain first-hand expertise in developing a business proposition for their innovation.
· Research commercialisation training will focus on building skills in business modelling, customer development, understanding investment, operations and leadership, presentation, negotiation, and finance, and communication skills;
· 1:1 Expert mentors support participants develop their commercialisation plan for their innovation;
· Access to Royal Academy’s Enterprise Hub, a network of technology innovators, researcher entrepreneurs, and senior industrialists driving and supporting world class innovation as well as leaders in Innovation fellows;
· Lifelong membership of a thriving global LIF alumni community
· Extra seed funding available through STDF to support LIF fellows to develop their innovations. (Funding will be available on a competitive basis)
Basic eligibility criteria ( please refer to guidelines for a complete set of eligibility criteria):
· Applicants must be Egyptian, and employed by an Egyptian university or research institute i.e. full time academic, researchers, faculty, non-academic technical experts, Technology Transfer Offices, practitioners.
· Applicants must be in the process of developing a business proposition for their innovation;
· The innovation should have the potential to benefit economic growth and social welfare in Egypt;
· Expenses related to training and post training events are now fully covered;
· Applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology or service, based on research in engineering defined in its broadest sense to encompass a wide range of fields, including – but not limited to agricultural technology, biotechnology, computer science, medical engineering, material science ...
Application Deadline: 11th of November 2020
To Apply: link here
Applicants MUST also download the application from the RAEng portal and submit it again on STDF website link here.
If you have any queries, please contact: