The Higher Committee for the Ethics of Scientific Research is responsible for drawing up policy that achieves its objectives and setting the plans and strategies necessary for the implementation of its goals in particular:
1. Developing systems and policies for following up and work of the sub-committees in the colleges.
2. Setting rules and provisions related to the ethics of scientific research.
3. Reviewing plans and programs of the sub-committees in the faculties for approval.
4. Adopting the reports of the subcommittees of the faculties.
5. Consider the problems presented to it by the sub-committees related to the ethics of scientific research.
6. Consider the differences that may arise between researchers and any of the subcommittees of the colleges in the relevant issues.
7. Any other matters related to the objectives of the Committee.
8. Organizing training courses for faculty members and their assistants at the university faculties, researchers and post-graduate students.